DCFit is excited to announce our next phase of wellness! We are pleased to introduce…
DCFit Massage Therapist
What is a massage?
Massage is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques to enhance function, aid in the healing proces, decrease muscle reflex activity, inhibit motor- neuron excitability, promote relaxation and well-being and as a recreational activity.
Why should I get a massage?
Here are some great reasons!!!!
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow- the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight or atrophied muscles
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ- the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post-surgery adhesion and swelling
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured , tired and overused muscles
- Release endorphins- amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
Call Tonya at 740.409.1168 to schedule!